Inca Trail Royal 8 Days
This tour is recommended for people who want to do the Inca Trail in a slow way. The charming of nature must surprise you in every aspects.
- Things to bring
Inca Trail Royal 8 Days
Day 1: Arrival in Cusco
Airport pick-up and airport-hotel transfer
Overnight: Hotel*** in Cusco city.
Day 2: Sacred Valley Tour (B)
8:15 AM. Pick up. We will start the guided tour through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, to the following places:
Pisaq, typical Andean village, traditional and archaeological where there were the famous fairs, visiting fairs, typical markets and archaeological remains.
Ollantaytambo Archaeological Group, agricultural complex administrative, social, religious and military time Tahuantinsuyo, comprising temples, platforms and connected by a complete system of irrigation canals.
Overnight: Hotel*** in Ollantaytambo town.
Day 3: Inca trail (B)(L)(D)
8:00 AM Pick up from the hotel by bus, to continue our trip going to Piskacucho on kilometer 82 to begin to our walk from 5 to 6 hours aproximately to the Andean town of Huayllabamba where we will camp the first night. Previous visit to the archaeological group of Patallacta.
Total distance: 12 km (7,47 miles).
Estimated walking time: 5-6 hours.
Maximum altitude point: 3,000 m (9,840 ft)
Campsite altitude: 3,000 m (9,840 ft)
Day 4: Inca trail (B)(L)(D)
After the breakfast we begin our journey, the most difficult in the circuit to conquer the Step of Warmiwañusca located at 4,200 m.s.n.m. from where we will be able to visualize the mountains, valleys, picks with snow perpetuate, it stops then to descend until the sector of Pacaymayu camp place.
Total distance: 11 km (6,84 miles).
Estimated walking time: 6-7 hours.
Maximum altitude point: 4,200 m (13,776 ft).
Campsite altitude: 3,500 m (11,480 ft).
Day 5: Inca trail (B)(L)(D)
In this journey, we meet with the original road, During this day we will be able to visit one another wonderful archaeological group, among these Runkurakay figures, Sayaqmarka, Phuyupatamarka, and finally Wiñaywayna, camp.
Total distance: 16 km (9,94 miles).
Estimated walking time: 8 hours.
Maximum altitude point: 3,900 m (12,792 ft)
Campsite altitude: 2,650 m (8,692 ft)
Day 6: Inca trail - Wonderful Machu Picchu (B)
This journey is the most prospective for all, our effort will be rewarded, we walk 2.00 hours aproximately toward Inti Punku, where we will have a splendid panoramic view of Machupicchu,then, we will continue our trek to enter to Machu Picchu Sanctuary, where we will have a guided visit, having a free time to take pictures an walk around, subsequently we will descend to Aguas Calientes town. Overnight in a hotel.
Total distance: 4 km (2,49 miles).
Estimated walking time: 2 hours.
Maximum altitude point: 2,700 m (8,829 ft).
Day 7: Wonderful Machu Picchu - Cusco (B)
This day you can return to Machu Picchu (we will include the re-entry ticket and bus ticket (up and down). Also you will have the opportunity to climb HuaynaPicchu or Machupicchu old mountain (extra charge). In the afternoon, back to Cusco. We will arrive Cusco at 20:20
Overnight: Hotel*** in Cusco city.
Day 8: Departure from Cusco (B)
Hotel pick-up and hotel-airport transfer
All departure and arrival times are approximate.
Breakfast (B), Lunch (L), Dinner (D)
- Entrance fees to tourist sites.
- Transfer in / out
- Hotel*** accommodation with breakfast.
- Drivers and air-conditioned vehicles.
- Two hours Machu Picchu guided tour.
- Entrance tickets to Machupicchu and the Inca Trail.
- A local experienced English - Spanish tour guide.
- Return train ticket on the last day from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo.
- Bus ticket down from Machu Picchu complex to Aguas Calientes.
- Collection from train station (Ollantaytambo) and transfer to Cusco city.
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 3 Afternoon Snacks and 3 Dinners
- Vegetarian food available upon request with no extra charge
- Camping gear: Double waterproof tents ( 4 person capacity tent, to allow for higher comfort and keeping the backpacks ) + dining tent with tables and chairs + kitchen tent + toilet tent + tent for our guides, and staff.
- 24 hours emergency oxygen assistance.
- First aid kid.
- Bio-degradable personal hand soaps and detergents.
- Hot water every morning and evening after the trek for washing purposes + filtered and boiled water to fill up your water bottle every morning, night, and at lunch time if requested.
- Professional chef, Chefs helper, cooking equipment ( surgical steel )
- Round trip Bus ticket (Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu Sanctuary - Aguas Calientes).
- Porters to carry cooking and camping equipment.
- Assistant Tour Guide (for groups of 9 or more people).
What is not included
- Personal expenses
- Tips or gratuities for guides, drivers, cooks, porters, etc.
- Entrance to the thermal springs in Aguas Calientes
- Sleeping bag and walking sticks
Prices in U.S. dollars are based on per person, departures are guaranteed.
This tour includes the Expedition Service. The Expedition train has fully covered wagons with panoramic windows to allow travelers to immerse in the beauty of the natural landscape, and make your experience at Machu Picchu begins on the train.
All hotels included in our programs are three stars (Tourist class). Rooms are equipped with cable TV, hote water 24 hours, and bathrooms with free toiletries. Free wifi. Some rooms have air conditioning. Featuring a restaurant and a coffee shop.
- Inca Trail Student Discount, $ 40.00 per person (Requires ISIC Card to qualify, you will need to e-mail us a copy of your ISIC)
- Inca Trail Children, $ 40.00 per person (Passengers under 18 years old receive the same discount as a student. If you are claiming a child discount you must send us a scanned copy of your child's passport by email).
- Inca Trail - Andean Community: Peru, Colombia, Bolivia and Ecuador : $ 30.00 per person.
NOTE: INCA PLANET TRAVEL GUIDE reserves the right to make the final decision regarding amount of discount. Also we offer special discounts for groups.
Extensions and additional services
- Huaynapicchu mountain ticket: $60.00 per person
- Machupicchu mountain ticket: $60.00 per person
- Sleeping Bag: $25.00 per person
- Walking Pole: $20.00 per person
- Inflatable Mattress: $15.00 per person
- Single Tent Supplement: $25.00 per person
- Personal Porter to carry extra 15kg of your belongings: $60.00
Things to bring
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun.
- Sun cream (factor 35 recommended), lip salve, sun glasses.
- Money belt + emergency money
- Water bottle (mineral water can be bought throughout Peru)
- Camera + Batteries (Batteries can easily be bought in Peru and is of excellent quality).
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Original passport.
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs.
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Insect repellent
- Comfortable walking boots with good ankle support.
- Sleeping bag.
- Backpack (65 litres should be quite sufficient).
- Clothes: long trousers (lightweight), T-shirts, short-sleeved shirt, long-sleeved shirt, pair shorts, Underwear and socks (thermal underwear is highly recommended, being light, warm and makes good nightwear on cold nights), Fleece jacket.